Me and my Horses

Lets start with a bit about me, I'm 21 years old and have ridden for my whole life. I started on a cheeky Welsh Section A, who taught me a lot about sitting to over-jumps and bucks! My second pony was called Peanut and was a horse in a pony body; I had him for 4 years and found my love for eventing and going cross country (xc). The pony that really started my eventing career was Crystal ( a 14.2 Irish Mare) who loved to go xc, she gave me confidence xc and the chance to represent my Riding Club at the Eventing championships. After Crystal I was very lucky to be offered the ride on Ginny Howe's ex 4* horse Syd, he was a challenging step after Crystal but taught me so much. I definitely improved my riding to get the best out of him with the Dressage and jumping. I then got the ride on Poppet who I currently event; Poppet is a 16yr old American Paint cross TB. Along with Poppet I currently have a homebred called Echo who is 6yrs old who started her eventing career last summer. I also have a Connemara called George who is our family horse that loves to do dressage and hunt. 

I have had Poppet for 3 years now and have achieved a lot with her, from completing my first BE Intermediate to seeing a huge change in her way of going and muscle development. Together we have completed the Pony Club Open (110cm) championships finishing just outside of the top 20, had a go at both of our first FEI 2* L where we had a great xc round. Before I got Poppet she had only done Pony Club activities and evented to BE 100 level, so I'm so proud of our progress together. 

The academy has helped me improve my riding and learn more about how to encourage the horse to work in the best possible way. 

The images below are of Echo, George, and Poppet (left to right)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Event Season 2022